Translate this page

Some beautiful music to read the blog with

Wednesday 4 September 2013

I blunder, again

I note that at Dodixie there are no Sell orders for Mjolnir Heavy Missile Blueprints.  A low but stable level of income for me.  We are not talking big money here, profits of 1m ISK per sale – but every penny counts and it is low maintenance.

So, 10 of these blueprints are part of a 2bn ISK haul that comes from Jita courtesy of Pushx Industries.  When i come to posting the blueprints i put in 3 too many 9’s.  My selling price is 1,780,999,999 instead of 1,780,999.  I am selling 10 and of course i pay a 0.72% broker fee.

That blunder cost be 129m ISK straight off.  Painful stuff.  In a sense, the next c600m ISK of sales i make will be covering for this mistake.  Or put it another way, it is the best part of a day's profits gone!



One way i could have protected myself is to empty my wallet into the Corp and hence a large broker fee like that would fail and prevent me from posting . . . . . . . . which is what i will be doing going forwards.  I should have been holding no more than 20m ISK in my wallet, if my maths serves me well here

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you will be lucky an some fool buys one! Although people who buy missile BPOs usually don't have that isk.
    I made it a habit to double check all orders if there is a warning message about the price. Furthermore I only update my orders in full 100K isk steps, so the change is easier to double check. (now you should be able to identify my orders in Dodxie :-) ) For me checking an even change of 100k is visualy much easier. Since I started these two things I never had a bad sell or buy order again.

    Cheers,
    Piter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes - good ideas. I have learned this lesson the hard way!

      Delete