Current wealth is 208bn ISK.
Made up from 85.0bn of sell orders + 2.6bn of buy orders + 3.6bn of items sitting in hangers waiting to be put on as sell orders + 47.8bn of ISK sitting doing nothing + 85.8bn of Plex - 17.0bn of provision against these sell orders in case I need to drop the prices to sell them.
As has been the case for a long time, if I am able to log on for at least 45 minutes each day then I make 7bn ISK per month. When real life is busy I make less (sometimes close to nil) and other times I make more - as shown by the chart below:
What is really holding me back though is not the lack of time logging in, it is that 47.8bn of ISK I have which is just sitting there doing nothing. That is dead money. All i know about that 47.8bn is that it will still be 47.8bn next week.
I own 94 Plex for investment purposes.
I last entered the market to buy Plex in March 2015, buying 22 at 798m each. In total I have spent 66.8bn on Plex vs todays value of 85.8bn - so I have made a gain of 28.5%. Not bad, and so the Plex investment is doing what it is meant to do and growing my wealth rather than sitting gathering dust as ISK. The post where I went through the reasons I chose to invest in Plex rather than some other item is linked.
I still have 2 accounts each with 3 characters.
My strategy remains unchanged. I am looking for slow moving products to sell at high profit margins (minimum 20%). This is in contrast to other (much richer) traders out there who look for fast moving but low margin items to sell. My style suits my play time, I feel. I am trying to avoid the competition whereas the other traders take them on (and win).
An item that I can buy for 100m ISK from Jita and sell in Dodixie for 130m in 5 days time with no maintenance to the sell order is fine with me. In fact, that would be just ideal. If i had 5 products that did that then i would earn 150m ISK over 5 days for 500m ISK invested. That is close to getting me a Plex a month. (before taxes etc etc but you see my point)
My overriding aim is that each business venture must be able to Plex an account per month and my total time spent on my businesses each day must not exceed 45 minutes.
I operate out of a number of locations. The aim is to make Jita the center of operations which collects all items in to have them hauled out to the selling locations.
- Jita - this is the center of my operations.
- The four other main trade hubs from which I sell items bought at Jita or manufactured from Lonetrek: Amarr; Dodixie; Hek; and Rens
- Five (soon to be six) other smaller trading locations from which I sell items bought at Jita or manufactured from Lonetrek. These are really low maintenance. I have no competition but not many buyers either!
- One manufacturing location in Lonetrek.
Everything happens in Highsec.
I contract out all my hauling of items from Jita to the four other main trade hubs.
Roughly, i have issued 690 contracts to haul 845bn ISK of items which has cost me 16.5bn ISK. i.e. contracting out my hauling has added 2% to the cost of my items. Given my profit margins are so high, that is fine by me.
Business Ventures - active
I have moved from trading to manufacturing T1 items as my main source of income.
- This is much more lower time maintenance than trading which suits my style.
- I focus entirely on T1 items and a few T2 items. I am slowly expanding the T2 items as I go - though until i get my head around invention i have to rely on buying T2 BPCs which have varying material requirements. At least with my T1 BPOs i know their material requirements so my spreadsheets can tell me what materials to buy for what i all want to manufacture.
- I manufacture all my items in Lonetrek and haul them to Jita
- I manufacture to replace items sold - so i don't carry spare stock if i can help it
- I buy all my raw materials in Jita and haul them to Lonetrek to undertake the manufacturing
- I focus on items that no-one else really sells.
- This is all about buying from Sell Orders in Jita and hauling these items to my selling hubs to sell.
- I have scaled back my trading to some high value items I buy from Jita to sell in other other trading locations. I easily make a Plex from all this. It is lumpy and slow but reliable.
- I trade high value items such as implants and blueprints.
- I probably make between 1 and 3bn ISK a month on this. Once i nail down the small number of items i want to trade in it should be more.
- I almost entirely produce P3 items for sale. I buy P2 items from the market and haul them to my 15 (soon to be 20) factory planets to produce the P3 items.
- I always have some P3 items on the market to sell. I tend not to move their price. So, i only produce to replace sold orders.
- I don't change the P3 item that i produce - the thought of all that clicking on the factories appalls me!
- I tried to do P4 items - but they all tend to be loss making if you start from buying the P3 items from the market.
- I don't own any customs offices so i tend to may planetary tax. I always aim to have tax rates at below 10%
- In all, i suspect i make about 1bn ISK per month on this.
- Nice passive income, not overly reliable though takes up little time.
- I am dabbling here - and currently i barely make anything. I may drop it.
Business Ventures - not active
- I tried this a while ago and I could not master it. I may rethink how to do it. But, more likely, I will just not do it.
- That went right onto the backburner almost as soon as i started it. Felt too complicated at the time - i am taking another look at it.
- I tried this out to see what it was all about. I would have to say that it is useful to mine when catching up on all the Eve podcasts / videos of the week. I imagine a fleet mining operation would be quite relaxing and enjoyable.
- It does not make me anything so i don't count it as a business venture - but it does give good time to catch up on things whilst mining in the background.
Business Ventures - in the works
- I have set up a POS near one of my selling hubs as an experiment. No idea what to do with it.
- I am looking to set up another near my manufacturing location to start to research the BPOs i have.
Low Sec / Nul Sec
- I would love to do something there - just no idea what or how, for now. And the place just sounds to terrifying for me.
- i bought an Obelisk - i have no idea why.